Use to create showcases of sponsors, supporters, partners, customers, or anything else that you want to feature / showcase on your site.
Once you have the plugin installed and activated it adds its own dashboard to your wp-admin sidebar menu.
The first thing to do is to create some new showcase items. Once that has been done we can then look at how the cards and livestock listing are display on the front end.
Add New Showcase Listing
Showcase Listing allows you to create an unlimited number of listing items. Items are WordPress custom post types and hence if you know how to create a WordPress post then you know how to create a listing Item which some extra features.
Once you click the new listing a custom page with pre made fields will open. Everything’s is made with blocks, witch means that is full customizable by your needs.
Showcase Listing Post
1. Title – This is the item post title. It will also show as the title on the Item Card.
2. Image – Add your image here. This will be display on post and also on item card. When you upload a image from here it will also automatic be the feature image.
3. Meta – Those are pre-made fields. They are editable so you change or add very easy any info. *Note: Leave blank and the field will not show on front end.
4. Description – Add your description for the showcase item.
5. Sticky – Stick this Showcase to the front page
1. Template – From here you can add a new template or edit the current one. If you choose to edit the current template the effect will be on all the showcases using it.
2. Categories – Showcase categories meta works exactly the same as WordPress ones, assign the item post to a category and create new categories.
3. Tags – Showcase tags works exactly the same, assign the item post to a category and create new categories.
4. Feature image – There is no need to set an image as featured. The image that is set in edit post item (see above in demo section ) it will be used as feature image on showcase cards .
5. Excerpt – It will be pull out from description if this meta field will be empty. This allow you to add a custom excerpt for showcase cards.
Showcase Add New Template
Showcase Listing Cards
This is how the showcase cards looks on front end. We have the Showcase Block witch will make everything customizable and let you add very easy showcases on post or pages. See Showcase Block section.
Showcase categories are a custom WordPress Taxonomy. This means that creating Categories works exactly the same as Post Categories.
Same as Categories, Tags are custom WordPress Taxonomy, working the same.
The general settings for Showcase plugin.
Plugin Framework Global Settings
1. Open Box Display – ON and each admin panel setting box OPEN | CLOSED position are saved each time changes are SAVED.
2. House Keeping – On deletion (not deactivate) the plugin will completely remove all tables and data it created, leaving no trace it was ever here.
1. Showcases per Page – Display how many item cards will be display on a page.
2. Feature Image – Add your custom dimension for feature image, make it Hard Crop to your specific size or leave it full size.
3. Showcase Post Image – The same as feature image from here you can set you custom size for the image that will show in showcase post.
Showcase Cards Block
Card Item Toolbar
In order to reveal the block toolbar, you can click on the block and the toolbar will display. Each block has its own block-specific controls that allow you to manipulate the block right in the editor. The livestock block offers the following options in its toolbar:
With these options, you can:
Lock/Unlock the block
Set up the layout of the cards: Grid or Listing