- How to - Set up on Admin Panel
- How to - Customize Individual Products
To install WP e-Commerce Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry:
- Download the WP e-Commerce Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry plugin
- Upload the wp-ecommerce-catalog-visibilty folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the ‘WP e-Commerce Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry’ from the Plugins menu within WordPress
WP e-Commerce Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry Pro is ‘game changing’ addition to any WP e-Commerce site. It allows you to add a unique, easy and interesting way for your customers to interact directly with you via email. Using an incredibly flexible and simple button that is inserted into any product page or listing and when clicked fires a pop-up email form.
How to set up
- After install and activation go to the admin panel and configure all settings.
- Firstly set the global settings configuration – this is the set up that applies to the majority of products on your site.
- Then customize individual products that don’t fit the global configuration from that products edit page
How to – Set up on Admin Panel
Once you have installed and activated the plugin it creates a Catalog Visibility tab on the WP e-Commerce admin panel. See the image below.
1. In your WordPress admin go the the Settings link in the admin sidebar. Its usually towards the bottom.
2. Hover your mouse over the Settings link and a pop-out will show and you will see the WP e-Commerce ‘Store’ link. Click on it and it will open the WP e-Commerce store admin dashboard.
3. Click on the Catalog Visibility tab to open the WP e-Commerce Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry admin dashboard.
Step1 – Set Global Store Visibility Settings
The first section of the dashboard is where you set the default visibility of you stores ‘add to cart’ button and the Email Inquiry button.
1. Hide ‘Add to Cart’ button – Select this to remove the add to cart button on every product in your catalog (your site). Pro version users can over-ride this setting on any product on their site from the Catalog and Visibility meta editor on each products page.
2. Show Email Inquiry Button – Select this to show the email inquiry button (or Hyperlink text) on every product in your catalog (your site). Pro version users can remove the feature from any product page.
3. Apply to Logged in Users – *Tip – if you do not select this remember that you will have to log out of the site to see any setting you have made. If you don’t you won’t see them and you’ll think the plugin is not working.
* Note – Setting all setting below are are the plugins Pro Version settings. They are visible in the Lite version and can be activated by upgrading to the Pro Version.
4. Button or Hypertext Link – Default is show Email inquiry feature with a button. You can change that to Hyperlink text here – Can be changed on any product page for that product.
5. Relative Position and Padding – The relative position is relative to to the add to cart button position. Default is below. Choices are ‘above’ or ‘below’. Padding is the space in px between the ‘add to cart’ button and the Email Inquiry button / Hyper-linked text. The default padding is set at 10px.
6. Single Product Page Only – the Default is NO. This means the the email inquiry will show on the single product pages AND the product thumbnail listing wherever else it shows on your site. Selecting YES and the feature will only show on the single product pages on your site. Again this can be over-ridden for any product on that products edit page.
Step 2. Setting Email recipients
In this section you can customize the email address that all inquiry goes to plus set a default a carbon copy (cc) address.
1. This field is empty and the plugin uses the email address set in the WP e-Commerce admin tab for emails. If that is what you want leave this field empty. If you want the emails to go to another address – enter it here. You can add a different email address on each products page Catalog Visibility editor.
2. Set to send a copy of each email to another user. By default this field is empty and not cc is sent. Enter an email address he to activate the cc feature. Activating this will apply site wide. You can edit the cc address for any product from the product page editor.
Step 3. Customize Button / Text Link
Customize the email inquiry button or Hypertext link.
1. Customize Hyperlink text. Set the site-wide Hyperlink text feature here. Enter the text to show before the linked text (if any), the text you want the link to apply to that activates the email pop-up form and set any text you want to show after the link text. Can be customized on any single product page.
2. Customize Email Inquiry Button title – left empty and the button title will show as Email inquiry by default.
3. Set the size of the Email Inquiry Button – 4 sizes to choose from, small, medium (default), large and extra large.
4. Set button background colour and the button border colour – default is red. Click in the colour box and the pop-uot colour picker appears.
5. Dark text or light text – sets the font colour of the button title.
6. Class CSS – allows you to enter your own custom button CSS which over-rides the default and any custom button style settings.
Step 4. Customizing the Email pop-up
The plugin allows you to customize the style of the email pop-up screen.
1. Pop-up screen header title.
1.1. Set a site wide title for the pop-up form. When you install the plugin the default that shows is Product Inquiry. Change this OR if you make the field blank then the form will always show the button or link text title. If you plan on setting different button / link text titles on individual product pages and make this field blank the pop-up form will show whatever has been set.
2. Name | Email Address | Phone – These fields are set by the plugin – there are no setting for them.
3. Subject – the plugin auto creates the Email subject as the Product Page Title.
4. Button Title – default is SEND
4.1. Send Button title – Change the default button text here.
5. Default button colour and text title is red.
5.1 You can customize the Button background colour, border and text colour (dark or light) here.
6. Button CSS Class – use a button style from your theme by entering the the button css class here.
7. Form CSS Class – write your own form CSS class and apply it to the form by entering the class here.
Step 5. Write your email success message.
1. After a user have submitted their email inquiry a success message shows in the pop-up window.
2. On the admin page use the WordPress text editor to customize your the success message. Use the visual editor or html to create your message.
How to – Customize Individual Products
You can completely customize how the Visibility and email inquiry features are configured on any individual product. Edit the product and you will see the plugin has added a Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry meta section.
1. Product Edit page.
2. Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry meta section.
3. Customize Settings for this product – All setting show the Global settings. In this section you can reconfigure the visibility of the ‘Add to Cart’ button, the ‘Email Inquiry’ button and if the settings ‘Apply to Logged in Users’.
4. Customize the Email recipient and cc email recipient for this product.
5. Change the Global setting from Button to text link or visa versa.
6. If selected show Button you can set the button to show a custom title
7. Single Product Page Only – over-ride the default setting if required.
8. If text link is selected a section appears with the customization fields for Hyperlink text.
9. The Hyper-linked text fields are pre-populated with the default settings made on the admin panel. If nothing was set it will show click here as the linked text.
1. You must ‘Update’ the post after changes are made for them to be saved.
2. Any changes made here are not over-ridden by subsequent changes to the Global settings on the admin panel.
This section deals with all know issues that users have or have had and the fixes for those.
Button / Text link not showing
If the email button or text link does not show on the single product pages or the products listing on grid view, list view product pages it will be because of one of 2 reasons or both.
WP e-Commerce Version Compatibility
Please note that WP e-Commerce Catalog Visibility and Email Inquiry requires that you have WP e-Commerce version 126.96.36.199 and after to work. Older versions of WP e-Commerce do not support the functions to hook the email inquiry button to the add to cart button.
WP e-Commerce Theme Compatibility
Whilst you might have version 188.8.131.52 your theme may still use an earlier version of code. For the Email Inquiry button to show on the single product pages and products pages you must ensure that it has this code
and this code
in these files:
4,356 total views, 7 views today